Sunday 26 August 2012

Week Seven

Greetings, browsers of the Internet. I have started a new email (ComicsCurmudgeon@gmail.com) which you can email to make suggestions to me about the blog, or ask any question. Every Wednesday, I will answer the questions (If there are any questions) that are in it's inbox at 5:00 in the evening. On a completely random note, I would like to add that tomorrow I will be returning to school. Ah, well, in August, like the comics, everything good is rare and everything bad is all too common. I now give you. the comics:
Adam @ Home: A strip failure because of sentimentality.
Baby Blues: Wow, a poop joke. So much fun there.
Baldo: A joke about school starting. Something tells me this is not the last of its kind.
Beetle Baily: Sarge narrates how his troops play baseball. Way to defend the country, Sarge.
Blondie: Pizza jokes always fail, Mr. Young.
Classic Peanuts: Linus can "predict the future" be thinking adults are predictable. Way to go, you little 5 year old that really should be 55 by now.
Close to Home: Teens don't like their moms. Very original, Mr. McPherson. Very original.
Crankshaft: After what seems like centuries, that geezer finally realizes he's old. No wonder he's a bus driver. I mean, how would one get a real job with a mind failing as badly as his?
Dennis the Menace: Apparently Dennis has someone stalking him that doesn't know six is too young to date.
Family Circus: The kids pick shoes that are too small. Laughing hardcore, Mr. Keane. So hardcore it's nonexistent.
For Better or for Worse: Lizzie, bear with me. Keep your IQ at 3, so it's still higher than the kids' in Family Circus.
Fred Basset: Please tell me how Fred not being able to smell something is funny, Mr. Graham.
Get Fuzzy: The strip isn't worth mention, but observant old me just realized that this strip should appear after Garfield if listed alphabetically. I'm just smart that way.
Marmaduke: The freak of nature enjoys food.
Mother Goose and Grim: Grim gets drunk on toilet water. What comedy gold. And by gold, I mean crap.
Mutts: A bad joke, copyright infringement and complete incoherence. Well, it's got the three things a comic should never have, so that's something.
One Big Happy: A shocking image of a topless Ruthie in the final panel ends a strip that includes a parody of a song nobody knows of.
Pearls Before Swine: There are 30 comics in my paper. "Pearls" is the 23rd and somehow always the first funny strip of the day.
Pluggers: Wow. This strip always sucks but was never really offensive until today, where donating to a children's hospital is a stupid thing to do. I know I sound exactly like an octogenarian, but I was caught off guard with today's strip.
Rose is Rose: Rose likes jalapenos. Well, at least it's incompetent cartoonists are laying off the Prozac.
On that note, see you next week, where some will be loved, some will be hated and some will go without mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment